Weeknight Meals That Taste Even Better as Lunch
When you're busy, there's not a lot of time for cooking, so you need the meals that work double-time. You need dinners that make great leftovers!
So the next time you know you're not going to have time to pack lunch in the morning, turn your dinner into a great next-day lunch. Be sure to double or triple your dinner recipes - enough for your dinner and for the number of lunches you need to prepare. Many dinners, if not all, taste even better the next day, proving once and for all that leftovers are not hopeless!
DINNER RECIPE ~ Sous-Vide S&P Chicken Thighs with confit garlic oil
- Follow sous-vide instructions for cooking time.
- Use organic chicken thighs, generously salt and pepper each piece.
- Once placed inside sous-vide bag, add confit garlic oil.
LUNCH MAKE-OVER ~
- Slice pre-cooked chicken thighs from dinner left-overs.
- Fry on medium high heat with a little oil and butter. This will give the chicken thighs a nice browning on both sides.
- Add a coleslaw side dish. Our bento lunch included deep-fried tofu as well.
- This lunch can be eaten cold.
BENTO BOX USED ~ Aizawa - Stainless Steel Bento Box - 500ml Rectangular